Bachelor of Education in English Language Education program is designed to address Indonesia’s need for high quality English teachers with the competencies to teach using 21st Century approaches. This program offers students opportunities to explore contemporary theories and practices underpinning English Language curriculum and instruction and to develop skills in teaching English for different grade-levels of primary and secondary schools. Prospective teachers will have the capacity to utilize technology as a platform in English Language Education to engage learners and accommodate different needs.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE EDUCATION
Transform lives with your English teaching capability
Bachelor of Education in English Language Education program is committed to create a new generation of teachers who pursue their careers in a wide array of opportunities in the field of English Language Education.
They will be able to teach English as a second language at different levels of primary and secondary schools and at different contexts including in formal and non-formal education settings such as in tutoring programs and youth centers. With the ability to use English as the medium of instruction and global perspective of learning, they have significant strengths to teach in international-oriented schools with students from various backgrounds.
The capacity in conducting educational research and developing educational programs will allow graduates to take part in education development projects and pursue their careers in national and international developmental agencies or non-government organizations.
Vision & Mission
To become a leading and internationally recognized English Language Education Study Program. A study program that consistently embodies values of action, ideas and artefact (Cipta, Rasa dan Karsa) to produce graduates who are able to face the challenges of the 21st century and have strong integrity as well as responsibility.
- To conduct an excellent English language education study program that consistently embodies values of action, ideas and artefact (Cipta, Rasa dan Karsa) and promotes access to international standard of education.
- To conduct a unique education for prospective English teachers by integrating American general education courses, adopting education values required for 21st century skills and maintaining integrity, as well as social responsibility.
- To conduct a teacher education program that integrates ICT and STEAMS within the learning process and promote a lifelong as well as a reflective learning experience.
- To develop knowledge in the fields of education, language, culture and English language teaching by conducting or involving in research activities, scientific publications and various academic activities.
- To cooperate with strategic partners both nationally and internationally for a partnership in educational environment, particularly in the fields of teaching, research, community service and other academic activities.
- To conduct a community service as a manifestation of academic contribution to Indonesian society at large.
- To prepare graduates who are able to teach English for specific purposes (ESP)
PEO & PLO
Program Educational Objectives
- To produce excellent Bachelor of Education in English who are equipped with basic knowledge of universities that is recognized in the United States.
- To produce a Bachelor of Education in English who is able to synthesize the cognitive, affective and conative values (Cipta, Rasa dan Karsa), and possess integrity as well as social responsibility.
- To produce competent candidates of English teacher in the field of teaching English by practicing 21st Century skills.
- To produce prospective teachers of English who are able to integrate ICT, science, engineering and art (STEAM) in the learning process and to have a lifelong and reflective learning paradigm.
- To produce scientific works in the fields of education, language, culture and English teaching by academic members and they can contribute to the development of knowledge, especially in the field of English language education.
- To collaborate with other institutions in the field of teaching, research, community service and other academic activities for better quality of the study program and English teacher education.
- To plan and conduct community service programs and to contribute to Indonesian society at large.
- To produce competitive graduates who are able to prepare and deliver English for special purposes (ESP).
Program Learning Outcomes
- Graduates who master the content of English Language Education and possess an ability to develop effective learning structures. They also become lifelong learners who are able to perform reflective practice and committed their professional ethics.
- Graduates who are equipped with the 21st century skills and ability to integrate ICT competence, i.e., science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics (STEAM) in the learning process. They also have integrity and social responsibility in synthesizing the cognitive, affective and conative values (Cipta, Rasa and Karsa).
- Graduates who have an ability to convey knowledge of English and communication techniques in non-English fields (i.e., English for Specific Purposes) such as: natural sciences and human resource management and have an ability to provide training needed by corporations and government institutions such as: training on the use of ICT, training on management, and training on motivation.
- Graduates who possess a spirit of lifelong and reflective learning, with strong academic abilities that allow them to produce scientific works in the fields of education, language, culture and English language teaching.
FoE’s graduates are future leaders who are passionate about lifelong learning and transforming education, with strong abilities in interdisciplinary thinking and new technologies, who have great skills and enthusiasm in teaching, be of good moral fibre, and be willing to contribute to the transformation of the society.
FoE graduates will possess the following competencies:
- Interdisciplinary thinking, focusing on six core competencies: critical thinking, effective communication, ethical reasoning, global learning, information literacy, and quantitative literacy
- Skillful in new technologies in ICT
- Inquiry-oriented (reflective and research skills)
- Commitment to students and student learning
- Mastering the subjects and the ways to teach those subjects to students
- Knowing different ways in managing and monitoring student learning
- Thinking systematically about teaching practices and learning from experience
- Engagement in learning communities
- Transformative (Creative, Innovative, Effective, Confident)
- Sampoerna DNA — Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Social Responsibility
English Language Education Degree Plan
Click here to download English Language Education degree plan for 8 semesters
English Language Education
+ Bachelor of Education (S1)