Bachelor of Education in English Language Education program is designed to address Indonesia’s need for high quality English teachers with the competencies to teach using 21st Century approaches. This program offers students opportunities to explore contemporary theories and practices underpinning English Language curriculum and instruction and to develop skills in teaching English for different grade-levels of primary and secondary schools. Prospective teachers will have the capacity to utilize technology as a platform in English Language Education to engage learners and accommodate different needs.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE EDUCATION
Transform lives with your English teaching capability
Bachelor of Education in English Language Education program is committed to create a new generation of teachers who pursue their careers in a wide array of opportunities in the field of English Language Education.
They will be able to teach English as a second language at different levels of primary and secondary schools and at different contexts including in formal and non-formal education settings such as in tutoring programs and youth centers. With the ability to use English as the medium of instruction and global perspective of learning, they have significant strengths to teach in international-oriented schools with students from various backgrounds.
The capacity in conducting educational research and developing educational programs will allow graduates to take part in education development projects and pursue their careers in national and international developmental agencies or non-government organizations.
FoE’s graduates are future leaders who are passionate about lifelong learning and transforming education, with strong abilities in interdisciplinary thinking and new technologies, who have great skills and enthusiasm in teaching, be of good moral fibre, and be willing to contribute to the transformation of the society.
FoE graduates will possess the following competencies:
- Interdisciplinary thinking, focusing on six core competencies: critical thinking, effective communication, ethical reasoning, global learning, information literacy, and quantitative literacy
- Skillful in new technologies in ICT
- Inquiry-oriented (reflective and research skills)
- Commitment to students and student learning
- Mastering the subjects and the ways to teach those subjects to students
- Knowing different ways in managing and monitoring student learning
- Thinking systematically about teaching practices and learning from experience
- Engagement in learning communities
- Transformative (Creative, Innovative, Effective, Confident)
- Sampoerna DNA — Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Social Responsibility
English Language Education Degree Plan
Click here to download English Language Education degree plan for 8 semesters
English Language Education
+ Bachelor of Education (S1)