Sampoerna University is an international, American-style university that offers its academic programs in an Indonesian context. It is an educational institution of the Sampoerna Schools System of Indonesia.
Sampoerna University operates programs under the licensure and credentialing authorities of the Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education of the Republic of Indonesia.
Established with a clear goal of meeting national and international standards, Sampoerna University is uniquely qualified to make substantive contributions to society through education.
Sampoerna University is more than just a campus — it is a learning community that prepares students to succeed both academically and professionally. Here, students will not only learn and acquire academic rigor—they will be challenged to think, perform, and grow to a more advanced level. With our programs, students are assured to have better skills and credentials that will open the doors to both national or international careers after they graduate.
The General Education core courses provide Sampoerna University students with an interdisciplinary education framework based on the standard U.S. higher education curriculum and guided by Indonesian educational standards. The General Education subject areas include Communications, Humanities, Social and Behavioral Sciences, Natural Sciences, and Mathematics. Sampoerna University targets six college level competencies, based on the VALUE rubrics developed by the Association of American Colleges & Universities that form the foundation of the general education and core courses. The SU graduates will achieve competency in:
- Explain issues/problems
- Select and use information to investigate issues/problems
- Analyze and interpret relevant information
- Evaluate information to determine potential conclusions
- Generate well-reasoned conclusions
- Write clearly and coherently
- Speak and listen interactively
- Recognize ethical issues
- Understand different ethical perspectives or concepts
- Apply ethical perspectives or concepts
- Evaluate different ethical perspectives or concepts
- Develop global self-awareness
- Demonstrate an understanding of perspective taking
- Demonstrate an appreciation to cultural diversity
- Recognize personal and social responsibility
- Understand global systems
- Apply knowledge to contemporary global contexts
- Determine the extent of information needed
- Access the needed information
- Evaluate information and its sources critically
- Use information effectively to accomplish a specific purpose
- Access and use information ethically and legally
- Explain information presented in mathematical forms (e.g., equations, graphs, diagrams, tables, words)
- Convert relevant information into various mathematical forms (e.g., equations, graphs, diagrams, tables, words)
- Carry out mathematical calculation
- Make judgments and draw appropriate conclusions based on the quantitative analysis of data, while recognizing the limits of such analysis
- Make and evaluate important assumptions in estimation, modeling, and data analysis
- Express quantitative evidence in support of the argument or purpose of the work (in terms of what evidence is used and how it is formatted, presented, and contextualized)
Click here to see the General Education Course Descriptions.
Click here to access Sampoerna University’s Catalog where you can find degree plan information.