The Sampoerna University Testing Center is a unit within the Academic and Student Affairs Division that administers the placement testing program to new and continuing students to ensure correct placement in selected introductory courses and to help students assess their college-readiness. The Test Center is located at the L’Avenue Campus in Pancoran, Jakarta.
Sampoerna University’s Test Center is also authorized by Pearson VUE as a certified GED (General Educational Diploma) Test Center. Click here to know more about our latest test schedule
Types of Placement Test
The following tests are eligible to be taken through SU’s Remote Testing program:
1. ACCUPLACER ESL
Also known as LOEP (Level of English Proficiency), ACCUPLACER ESL is an integrated system of computer-adaptive assessments designed to evaluate students’ skills in reading, writing, and mathematics.
ACCUPLACER ESL test scores are used to place students in college-level courses that are appropriately challenging and not significantly above their skill level.
The PERT is the Post-secondary Educational Readiness Test required of candidates seeking to place into EAP Level 5 and 6 English and College Algebra. prior to enrollment.
PERT scores will determine appropriate course placement at the college level.
Students who score below the minimum threshold are advised to enroll in a developmental education course in English, Mathematics, or both subjects.
What is the GED ?
The GED, the General Educational Diploma, is a set of four tests that demonstrate that the test taker has met high-school level academic skills. The GED is designed for individuals without a high school (secondary) diploma, including advanced secondary students who wish to enroll in college-level courses early, or those that never finished high school.
Remote Testing Process
Sampoerna University has a Remote Testing Process in place for allowing prospective students to take a placement test on a remote testing basis. Remote testing is allowed for SU approved tests to be administered by a non-SU proctor at another location. Prospective students seeking a remote testing option may be required to pay an additional fee to the organization authorized to proctor the tests.
Remote Testing may be allowed for prospective students living outside of Greater Jakarta. Students living in Greater Jakarta must complete their placement tests at the SU Testing Center.
Remote Testing Policies:
- Students must have a valid student ID number prior to requesting remote testing.
- All requests must be approved by the SU Testing Center prior to scheduling the test.
- Requests for remote testing must be received at least 10 business days prior to the requested test date.
- Remote testing must occur at a secure test center that is authorized by SU and meets its standards for remote testing procedures. Remote testing centers must have an appropriate level of secure internet access, connectivity and bandwidth to serve as a remote testing location. This typically includes testing centers located at other educational facilities.
- Students are responsible for any remote testing related proctoring fees.
- All students are required to present their student ID number and a government-issued identification card before the test session.
Students taking placement tests at the SU Testing Center or an authorized remote testing location may NOT bring the following into the test session:
- Books, dictionaries, and notes/papers of any kind
- Language translators and spell checkers
- Watches and timers of any kind
- Correction fluid/tape
- Earplugs, ear muffs, and headphones
- Hats and other head coverings, except those for religious purposes
- Listening devices (including Bluetooth-enabled devices)
- Cell phones, pagers, and beepers
- Personal computers and tablets
- Recording and photographic devices
- Briefcases, purses, handbags, backpacks and bags of any kind