Visual Communication Design Program is a design science that studies creative thinking and communication concepts which utilizes visual elements in conveying messages. Visual elements in communication have an important role. Later, this major graduates are expected to be able to process the message into something interesting, informative and communicative.
As one of the leading universities with an international curriculum in Indonesia, Sampoerna University provided a program for students who have an interest in this major. These graduates are expected to be able to create interactive visual and digital interfaces for various applications and industries.
Before discussing further about this major at Sampoerna University, here is information about what is Visual Communication Design, the advantages of joining this major, job prospects, required skills, program courses and so on.
Visual Communication Design Program Definition
Visual Communication Design Program is a branch of design science that studies creative thinking and communication concepts using appropriate techniques and media by utilizing visual elements to convey messages.
Students are expected to be able to create works of art in achieving the goals set, not only to be experts in drawing.
In this department, students will be assisted to develop visual language in the form of images and also processing messages in the form of words, so that the message could be received by the right objective.
Advantages of Visual Communication Design Program
For someone who likes to think outside the bow, prefer challenges, and be able to communicate well this major will channel your creativity. Here are some of the advantages of this program.
- In the third year of lectures, students will be asked to choose a concentration of interest, such as graphic communication, multimedia communication and advertising visual communication.
- Students are able to master the science of design from a business point of view in accordance to certain goals, especially to the company.
- Not only studying 2D (two dimensional) graphic design, but later it will be applied to the new media in 3D (three dimensionals).
- Students are able to work according to their passion and earn income from something they like and become a hobby.
- Students are able to master many software such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premiere, CorelDraw, Sketchup, and others.
Related article: Prospek Jurusan Sistem Informasi Bisnis di Sampoerna University
The skills required in this program are as follows.
- Thorough, detailed, and diligent
- Interpersonal skills
- Verbal, visual, and textual communication skills
- Technical drawing skills
- Proficiency in operating drawing software
- Think outside the box
- Visual skills
- Language skills
- Creative and innovative
- Analytical thinking
- Critical thinking
Visual Communication Design Program Courses
The educational levels for this major are quite diverse, starting from D3, D4, and S1. The following are the courses studied in this program, namely as follows.
- Design and Material
- Color Theory
- Western Art Review
- Eastern Art Review
- Marketing and Consumer Behavior
- Design Method
- English in Focus
- Computer Graphic
- Visual Communication Design
- Illustration Design
- Audio Visual
The Department of Visual Communication Design at Sampoerna University
The Department of this major is a study program from the Faculty of Engineering and Technology that utilizes the core science of design coupled with teaching and learning with qualified technology to create graduates who are able to produce interactive visual and digital interfaces for various applications and industries.
Advantages of This Program at Sampoerna University
In this program, students are able to gain core knowledge in design, programming, prototype making (for industrial design) and digital storytelling through an introduction to business and entrepreneurship.
Students will acquire principles about design and composition related to all forms of digital media, such as:
- Website design and development.
- Development, production and editing of digital media.
- Computer illustration and animation.
- Audio production and editing.
- 3D visualization and motion capture technology.
Competencies to be Achieved
- Animation Design
- User Experience
- Interactive Design
- Website Design
- Film and Video Editing
- Motion Graphic Design
Job Prospect for Visual Communication Design Program at Sampoerna University
Graduates majoring in Visual Communication Design have high career opportunities, such as in information technology industries as:
- Digital Artist
- Graphic Designer
- Audio/Video Technician
- Web developer
- Film and Video Editors
- Multimedia Artist/Animator
Earning more experience and advanced credentials, these graduates can pursue careers as:
- Art Director
- Creative Director
- Drafter (Architecture and Engineering)
- Industrial/Product Designer
- Marketing Manager
The Department of Visual Communication Design at Sampoerna University is committed to help building STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math) competence for their students by creating graduates who have character, communication, collaboration, creativity and critical thinking. This approach makes Visual Communication Design graduates from Sampoerna University the most competitive in Indonesia.
For further information regarding registration, curriculum, visits, and information about Sampoerna University, please fill in the data below.